Saturday, May 21, 2016

HexaCopter s550 - Custom Build - Start Frame

Enough parts have arrived to start the build. I'm still waiting on motors, ESCs, and PixHawk FC. This SK s550 hexacopter frame seems nice. All the parts are clearly labeled and packaged well. All the parts and holes seem to line up properly so far.

Just following the directions. Be sure to select the correct bottom board (PDB), know which side is right-side-up, and notice arrow pointing forward.

Install set-screws in the 4 half-circle mounts, but leave them backed-off a bit so (closed-ends) bars slide easily for now. Use 8 proper screws to attach both under-carriages plates to hangers. Attach both of these carriage assemblies to bars before completely tightening the 8 screws that hold the half-circle mounts ( since the hangers are what determines the exact distance). I plan to slide bars out any time payload carriages or hangers need to be re-configured.


I assembled the landing gear, but left them un-attached from bottom PDB for now. Seems like it will be easier to solder ESCs onto board this way.


Next up ... installing ESCs. They should be here in a week or so. I think I will just edit and continue this post for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Interested in how this flys. ive been looking at the PixHacks for a bit to upgrade my APM's

    Dave P

    ReplyDelete

The stupid spammers have now forced me to approve each Comment before it appears (but I am usually pretty quick about it).