Friday, May 24, 2019

Taranis OpenTX v2.2.1 Flight-Modes and Sound Profiles

Here are some setup notes for my Taranis (running OpenTX v2.2.1), about Taranis audio and setting-up sounds. Remember that if you switch computers and you start having USB detection and communication problems ... try a different (higher quality) Micro-USB cable.
OK, so let's start with this tip:



I setup the S1 (left) potentiometer to be the Taranis' full-time volume control. The other command is for resetting the Timer to zero. These are Global Functions (affects all models) .

A while back I assigned sounds to my Flight Modes (via Special_Functions and Play_Track) .

However when I am using an Android GCS (like Tower/Mission-Maker) ... their nice verbose announcements include Flight-Mode as well. Having them both announce the Flight-Mode seems redundant and un-professional. Turning-down the volume isn't a good solution because other important sounds are silenced.



With the help of the guys in the forums, looks like I have figured out a way to have TWO separate Sound Profiles (controllable with a switch). One for flying with the GSC, and the other without. It's a combination of new Logical_Switches and Special_Functions.


Finally, I recently found-out that (some how) I downloaded the wrong Amber v2.2 sound-file pack (back in 2017), or ... it has been slightly updated in the past few years. Anyway, the new file I downloaded is 19mb and now has about 714 wav-files. I installed this on my Taranis-x9d (running OpenTX v2.2.1). It seems to work fine, and provides more Amber spoken tracks than the old file.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The stupid spammers have now forced me to approve each Comment before it appears (but I am usually pretty quick about it).